Pet Industry Trends
Despite a sluggish economy in the US for the past few years, the Pet Supply Business has continued to grow year over year by at least 5%. From $17 Billion in sales in 1994 to a skyrocketing $45.5 Billion in 2009, the Pet Supply industry is currently more than 50% larger than the Toy industry ($21.5 Billion) and nearly 3 times the size of the Candy Industry ($17 Billion).
- According to the 2009/2010 National Pet Owners Survey, 62% of US households own a pet, which equates to 71.4 million homes.
- Pet Supply sales are expected to reach $47.7 Billion in sales by 2010.
- Year-over-year growth of the Pet Supply Industry has been at least 5% – that’s $2 Billion last year alone!
- The Pet Supply Industry is more than 50% larger than the US Toy Industry (at $21.5 Billion in 2009) and nearly 3 times the size of the US Candy Industry ($17 Billion.)
Here are some interesting US pet ownership statistics, according to the 2009-2010 National Pet Owners Survey from the American Pet Products Association.
Number of US Households that Own a Pet (in millions)
Total Number of Pets Owned in the US (in millions)
Here are some articles on the Pet Supply Industry that we found interesting. They offer some compelling information supporting the TopDawg business opportunity.
- Industry Trends: State of U.S. Pet Industry 2010 [Link to PDF Article]
- Bear Market Can’t Dog Pet Industry’s Number [Link to PDF Article]
Call us today at 1-866-906-1111 for a free consultation. No hard sell, just the facts!
Or Contact Us for more information.